Book Creator 検索

カスタム検索

2010年3月2日火曜日

Movement?

G.Z.



SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2010


japanese memoirs miscellany

The Japanese language movie of my book, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, is coming out next month in, appropriately enough, Japan.* (If this last sentence doesn't make sense to you:www.gabriellezevin.blogspot.com/2008/12/tokyo-story-1-writing-life-4-japanese.html )

Here's a picture Hans took of the poster in Shibuya Station:



I don't have a scan of the poster by itself, but, if you look really close, you'll recognize the image on the poster as the scene from the book where everyone decides to dress up in all-white clothes for Heaven Prom. Oh, wait, that wasn't in the book?!? Actually, this is just an image created for the poster -- as far as I know, the movie itself is free of white clothes except for the suit Naomi's father wears for his wedding.)


Sunshine


Thursday, February 18, 2010


I am eighteen ...

Last month, I had my midyear theoretic exams, they were really hard, and as these were the first exams we have in college we were in shock!
The professors said it is very common in engineering colleges , but I felt really frustrated, because I used to take high marks always in high school.
We still didn't get used to the way our professors explain, and in mathematics we face a huge difficulty as the professor abbreviated 14 lectures to one!! So we didn't understand a word, and I went to the Dean with few students and postponed the exam after many trials to convince him.
My holiday was fine, I spent the first week in Mosul, I had 9 homework of geometrical drawing, I spent two days working on them for 12 hours till I finished them, you can't imagine how my back was killing me by then.
On Friday 29/1 I celebrated my 18'th birthday, my friends visited me and we had a nice celebration and a great time, during supper my English high school teacher called to wish me a happy birthday, so I told her I have a surprise and opened the speaker, my friends and I said "HELLO MISS", she was so happy to speak to her previous students, I am the only one who's still in touch with her, we had really nice conference.
Age 17 was great, I achieved one of my biggest dreams which is going to the college I love, and I made my parents more proud.
I got rid of my night bruxism, and I feel less tensioned than before, and I am working on being more relaxed.
I experienced many things that made me stronger in person, as well as left an impression that will stay in my heart forever.




IraqiGirl

Diary of a Teenage Girl in Iraq

EDITED BY ELIZABETH WRIGLEY-FIELD AND JOHN ROSS
"I forgot what peace looks like. What the street looks like. What the sky in the night look like. What my relatives look like. Sometimes I just think that if you could see what my eyes see, if you could hear what my ears hear, you would be able to understand what I mean."
These are the words of IraqiGirl, a teenage girl blogging from the city of Mosul, Iraq, as the chaos and violence of military occupation unfold in the aftermath of the American invasion. In a narrative charged with anger, IraqiGirl wants her readers to understand what life is really like under military occupation. “Let’s go back,” she writes, “to my un-normal life.” And here IraqiGirl allows us to discover a story the Western media rarely allow us a glimpse of: the story of how the Iraq War has shattered lives and broken hearts. But we also discover, in her personal reflections on family, friendship, and community, the resilience of one girl to not only survive, but to discover, amidst the devastation of war, a future worth living for.
As she writes: “For the sake of the smile that was given to no one but me, for the sake of my grandpa and for the sake of my country and for the sake of my religion and for the sake of my God . . . I want to know my destination.”


女の子の成長は速い、3年間で、かなり変わったような気がする・・・


不思議なことばかり・・・

Sunshineの日記の編集のRossさん・・・

アメリアのだんなと同じ姓・・・

アメリアはあまり好きじゃなかった・・・ Lossを連想するから、笑い


これが、エリザベスさんだった、笑い

【原書の情報】
■ タイトル: The Urban Handbook – a practical guide to community environmental work
■ 仮題: アーバン・ハンドブック – 地域住民による環境保護活動の手引
■ 作者: Elizabeth Agate
■ 総ページ数: 138
■ ISBN: 0 946752 15 X
■ 発行年: 1998年 改訂 2002
■ 版権 BTCV(British Trust for Conservation Volunteers) 
    UKBTCVへ直接電話し、空いていることを確認した(2006/09/01現在)

0 件のコメント: